Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Upcoming Solo Show

I’m very excited to head back to Chicago for my upcoming exhibition “Nihon Dream” 日本ドリーム 夢 at Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery. Most of the work for the show is based off my experiences of living in Japan over the last 9 months and inspired by the culture's deeply rooted traditions. I'm learning new aspects of the culture everyday and discovering things I would have normally missed on past trips to Japan. One thing that stands out is the undeniable beauty in nature here and the celebration of it’s seasons.
The opening reception is this Friday, June 10th from 7-10pm If you would like a advance preview or can’t make it in person please sign up for a preview here: http://previews.rotofugi.com

Work in progress video of my latest watercolor for Nihon Dream. I have a youtube channel now.Please subscribe! 


I had some custom Ema boards made here in Japan by a local craftsman. Ema 絵馬 are wooden wishing plaques found in Japanese temples and shrines. There’s a limited quantity that will be available at the gallery. Find out more about Ema’s history and traditions.